First of all, thank you for the very nice comments, emails, and best wishes. Could there be a better bunch of food-crazy peeps on the planet? I think not! Thank you. Can’t wait to catch up with everyone on their blogs and see what’s been exploding in your kitchens.
It’s been one thing after another with no time or inclination to blog. But like an allergy to cat hair, the itch is back. I have a variety of random ideas and recipes to flog away at…but before I get on it, a few thoughts:
1. Happy belated Mother’s Day to all the Moms…whether or not your children are human or not.
2. Please get “In Defense of Food” by Michael Pollan. It will change a lot of your crazy ass notions about what food really is.
3. Tiny little container of concentrated demi-glace (1.5 oz – “Creating classic French Stocks and Sauces That Meet the Highest Standards of Culinary Excellence”) – just found some for the very first time, and I’m thinking it’s illegal. Anybody know how much time I’d do for using this stuff??
4. I won a contest on Epicurious for a Mother’s Day promotion. It’s a nice recipe, although my Dad says it’s “tolerable”. The win was a nice surprise and a needed morale booster.
5. My CSA vegetables have started to roll in and I’m telling you, if you have never tasted a white Japanese turnip, well, I’m feeling sorry for you right now. Get thee to a farmer's market, stat!
Again, thank you for taking the time to leave such welcome and warming comments.
If I could, I’d bake you all a nice big cake. Uh...not the Epicurious one...that one is just 'tolerable'.