December 18, 2007

Finally

I love food. I like to consider how it's grown, harvested, processed or transformed into the marvels that end up on my plate. I like reading about other people's experiences with the process...great celebrity chefs, home cooks, food essayists, and boy scouts with a weiner on a stick. I'm inspired and excited by the "gourmet", but truly awestruck by the simple...the recipe or idea that is uncluttered and honors the original idea of food. Which, to me, is to sustain us, not only nutritionally or emotionally, but on so many other levels of comfort and enjoyment. So, because of this love and also my passion for writing, I've decided to FINALLY start a blog - friends and family have encouraged me for long enough and I'm going to stop dilly-dallying and get busy.
Shout out to Jenny Flake, whose own blog has inspired me. Thanks Jenny!http://www.pickypalate.blogspot.com

I don't think I'll have any one "theme" to this blog...just food thoughts and obsessions, recipes, cooking tips and techniques I've gleened from a variety of sources, cookbook reviews, tirades about food snobs and culinary dictators, and my admiration for people who really know how to cook and how they make people happy with their creations... everyday ramblings of someone who is a little whacked out about food and how we eat and enjoy it.


I do know that our society has complicated thoughts about food and cooking. Cultural, dietary, generational, political, .....it'll be fun to write about all of it and read your comments and suggestions - I hope you find something of value here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Catherine,
I'm so glad you've decided to join the blogging world. It has been fun. Excited to be bloggin' buddies!! Have fun!

 
Creative Commons License
"The Dish" by Catherine Wilkinson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.